Sunday, July 31
I actually had a really good day today. I slept in, went to Church, and then went to visit my friend's grandma. I visited with her for a while then got to hang out with a friend I have not seen in weeks and a friend I haven't seen in probably a year. It was nice to hang out like old times. I'm really excited for this week because I may be starting my new job soon. I have waited all summer for a new job and I finally got one. I worked at this business last year and amazingly enough they wanted me to come back again this year. I even get to start earlier than I did last year. It's only a seasonal job, but I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to be part of their staff again. It's a costume store and I love Halloween so it's a perfect fit for me. I remember last year we were allowed to wear costumes on the weekends. I definitely took advantage of that opportunity :)
Monday, August 1
I had orientation for a new job I got. I worked at this costume store last year during the Halloween season and they wanted me back this year. The other new employees and I had to fill out paper work and we had other things we had to do. I guess you could call them tests. We were split into two groups. My group name was "Team Awesome." I didn't come up with the name, but it fit because we were pretty awesome. We had to arrange a display, create and perform a skit of a customer situation, and we also had to answer questions individually about what we would do in a certain situation. They kept track of points and my team won so we got gift cards to the store which was nice.
Tuesday, August 2
I'm pretty sure I tried to work on some homework for school. Also I went shopping to find something to wear for my senior pictures.
Wednesday, August 3
I went to this steakhouse with my mom and dad called Anthony's for dinner. The food was good, but I wasn't too hungry or even in the mood to go out to dinner :/
Thursday, August 4
Today was registration for school so I had to go to turn in paper work and get my picture taken for the yearbook. Later I had to meet up with the President and VP of the club I'm in because I'm secretary and we needed to do some planning before school started.
Friday, August 5
I had to work today for about 6 hours. They had me working in the warehouse because there is a lot to be done for the Halloween season. I wanted to get a lanyard for my nametag so I went to the mall. I ended up going on a shopping excursion. I looked around at clothes and scoped out what was on sale. When I left I had with me a lanyard, a Lady Gaga album, and a prom dress. There is this one store that sells dresses and I found this dress that the price was reduced a lot on. I absolutely loved the dress and was thinking about putting it on hold because I wasn't sure if I should get it or not and was unsure about the price. It turns out it was less expensive than I thought and I got a great deal on it. I'm so excited to wear it even though prom is months away <3
Saturday, August 6
I finally wrote out some lyrics for songs that I had been working on for a while. I typed them into my phone as the ideas came to me and just randomly decided to write them in my Charlie the Unicorn notebook. My brother bought it for me a while back and I wanted to write finished songs in there so it would look nice. Then I decided I needed some place to write them so I just wrote them out in pencil. I hope to do some more song writing soon. I think I have at least 1 really good idea for a song, but it needs a melody and maybe one final verse. I listened to my Lady Gaga CD and was really impressed. The titles made me wonder if I would like the songs or not, but I ended up loving them all! She is such a great inspiration :D I wrote my last entry for a Spanish journal assignment *insert Final Fantasy victory music*! I was glad to get that finished! Now I just have English homework left to finish before the first day of school (whoo). I feel (semi) accomplished. *smiles*
No comments:
Post a Comment