Sunday, June 12
Okay so today was really super exhausting. I have been cleaning for what seems like the entire day. I think I was working for around 8 hours. It was so tiring, but it was worth it (I think). Also I worked a little bit on my knitting. Right now I am making a scarf. I learned how to knit a while ago, but just the basic stitch. I want to learn the other kinds of stitches so maybe I can make something new. The only things I ever really make are scarves, but they are really easy and my plan it to take them to a homeless shelter for the people once I make enough. I don't have very many done as of right now though D: Hopefully I will continue to work on my knitting projects and finish as many as possible.
Monday, June 13
Today I didn't do a whole lot. I woke up late like I usually do during the week and worked on a little bit of homework. Man, I am so tired. I think it's because I didn't get much sleep yesterday and then went to sleep late. Ugh my sleep schedule has really gotten thrown off since summer started. Other than the fact that summer isn't as exciting (yet) as I thought it would be, I'm at least happy. Happy with myself, life, and happy with the plans for my future. Life is good. :D
Tuesday, June 14
I called this one place I applied to last week to find out if they had gone over my application yet. To my dismay, I was told that the position had been filled. I was so upset! I bet they hired someone over 18. I hate how ageism is present in the workplace. Businesses claim that they don't discriminate based on age, yadda, yadda when it comes to hiring people. I don't believe it. I doubt that any employer is a so-called "Equal Opportunity Employer." All that aside I did finally take back my application to T.J. Maxx. It seems like a nice place to work and I'd most likely get a discount on clothes and such. It would be nice to get a job there, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Today I worked on some English homework and watched the season premier of Pretty Little Liars and The Nine Lives of Chloe King. Both were pretty good episodes. Also today I went to go see the movie 'Super 8.' Man, it was so packed full of action. Things were a little confusing, not to mention scary at times, but it was a really good movie. I definitely recommend it.
Wednesday, June 15
Today was very low key. I watched at least 3 of 4 episodes of That 70s Show when I should have been finishing reading this book for English. I eventually got around to it, but didn't read very much. My mom made me wake up around 12:30pm so I was pretty tired. I guess I was just sluggish today because I didn't get enough sleep and was at home most of the day. My mom got off work early and wanted to go out. We ended up going to Village Inn for pie and coffee like we like to do Wednesdays since the pie is free before 10pm. After pie and coffe we went to go see the movie Midnight in Paris. We read the synopsis of the movie and were sure that the movie wouldn't be very good, but it turned out to be great! It was right up my alley! It was about a man and his fiancee who went to Paris with his fiancee's parents on a business trip. One night after going to a wine tasting, the man (Owen Wilson) takes a walk instead of going dancing with fiancee (Rachael McAdams). He ends up getting lost and when the clock strikes midnight, a car drives up and he is coerced to get in. He is then taken to a club or party (I'm not sure what it was) and meets the Fitzgeralds. He has gone back in time to the 1920s. Other people he meets include famous writers and painters. Owen Wilson's character falls in love with a girl he met on his travels, but things don't work out for them because they are from two different times. Through all of his travels, Wilson's character decides not to marry his fiancee and to stay in Paris to pursue his writing career. It was so funny because my mom and I had been talking about what I wanted to wear for my senior pictures and I had this idea of dressing like I was from the 20s and the movie we say was about the 20s. It makes me wonder what it would have been like to be alive back then. I would have just loved the fashions and dancing. Oh, but I don't think the flapper lifestyle is for me.
Thurday, June 16
Today I worked on finishing this book I have to read for my English class. I think I only have about 30 or so pages left (whoo!) It only took me almost a month to get this far! I feel like such a failure D: You know how it is though. Some days you just get so busy with other things that there isn't time to do homework or you just aren't in the mood. I hope I finish it soon because I still have another book to read for English. It could be worse and I am glad that it isn't. My mom got off work early so we went to Red Mango for ice cream, cruised the mall, then ended our journey at McDonald's for Frapees (yum).
Friday, June 17
I was at home all day. I worked on reading this book for English class. I watched a movie before I went to sleep and that was about it.
Saturday, June 18
I finally finished reading the first book I had to read for English (whoo-hoo!!) I feel so accomplished! One book down, one to go! I finished the book in the morning and then fell asleep until around 1pm. My mom wanted to take my dad and I out to dinner to celebrate Father's Day which is tomorrow. Then we went into the candy shops and went home. My parents went to a movie and I am trying to clean my room up. It has been rather messy lately, but I haven't had the inspiration to clean it. I finally decided, enough is enough. I am sick of this mess. Ooh I almost forgot. I found the best thing in one of the candy stores downtown! I found a stuffed flamingo! It was so cute. Oh yeah. I have a flamingo fettish I guess you could say ^^ Flamingos are my favorite animal and pink is my favorite color :D
No comments:
Post a Comment