I think this was a fairly eventful first week of summer vacation. I think the end of the week was better than the beginning though. As eventful as it may have been I used up a lot of gas in my car. :(
Thursday, May 19
Last day of school. I was so happy school was finally out. I stayed up until about 3 or 4am (just because there was no school the next day) and watched various movies on TCM.
Friday, May 20- Wednesday, May 25
I can't remember a lot of what went on during this time. I do remember a lot of hanging out at home and wishing I was still in school. The days were long and I had somewhat long nights. I broke out my new-ish bike and took a few bike rides.
Thurday, May 26
I went to a party in the park with some friends. I got my first sunburn this summer too on my shoulders. Needless to say I will be more anal about sunscreen and such for the rest of the summer. I wanted to go see The Hangover Part Two, but because the theater was packed my mom and ended up going to see Kung Foo Panda 2. The movie was kind of cute and very visually appealing. However, I felt like the plot was a little flat.
Friday, May 27
I went to Subway then the park with a friend. We hadn't seen each other in over a year so it was nice to be able to catch up. I was in an unfamiliar part of town so I kept feeling like I was going to get lost and not get home for hours and hours. Luckily I didn't get lost, but I did drive a good 20 or 21 miles there and back. I'm not used to driving long distances so it was kind of tiring. It was my brother's birthday so we went out to eat at this place called Brick House. It was very different from most restaurants I have been to. That may have to do with the fact that it had a tap for alcohol. Or the fact that the girls working there were scantily clad in booty shorts and a shirt exposing bare midriffs and cleavage. I realize that it is a restaurant for guys to go, drink, and watch sports, but what is with the uniform? It seems like only girls with cute tummies would be able to get a job there. I felt bad that those girls were degrading themselves like that. Then again, they chose to work there...
Saturday, May 28
My aunt gave me tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert so my dad and I went together. That was probably the biggest concert I have been to. The only concerts before this one that I have been to have been outdoor summer concerts. I could not believe how many people were at Taylor's concert. The auditorium was packed. The show was phenomenal. It was a musical and theatrical performance which I thought was really unique. I took a little shy of 300 pictures. Granted they didn't all turn out because I was pretty far from the stage.
Sunday, May 29 isn't even worth talking about.
Monday, May 30
I went to a picnic at my aunt's house and got in her pool to cool off. It was so darn hot outside that I had trouble standing the heat. I tried to work on some English homework, but didn't get much done. I did a little cleaning too. My room has been a disaster since probably before break started so it desperately needed some tidying up. You'd think that because I am super organized that my room would be. Wrong. A room can't be clean all the time. I managed to finally get a frame for a picture that a friend drew of me and hung it up. Also I found a scrapbook that was perfect for me. I can't wait to start getting my pictures together and making the pages to go in it.
Well that is all for this blog. I will post more blogs either daily or weekly of my summer adventures. Have a nice day all. Thanks for reading or skimming, whatever you like to do. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment